The Independent Brewers Association (IBA) is excited to announce the dates for Good Beer Week (GBW) 2023.
Get your thinking caps on as we open registrations for THE week of good beer from 20-27 May 2023.
“In fact, for beer fans it's going to be almost 3 weeks of everything beer” stated Kylie Lethbridge, IBA CEO. “Our partners will also deliver cracking programs with Pint of Origin rolling from 12 - 21 May and the Great Australian Beer Spectacular (GABS) Craft Beer & Cider Festival from 19 - 21 May. And for the industry, the Australian International Beer Awards (AIBA) ceremony on 25 May”.
“COVID-19 taught us a lot and allowed us the time to reflect on the past 12 years to determine how GBW can keep evolving to meet consumer demands and offer the best possible innovative beer experiences. We have taken on board feedback from festival goers and event hosts and now offer an opportunity to participate in 2023 which is all about trying new things” stated Kylie.
What does this mean? In 2023 GBW will:
- Be a smaller more curated program limited to 100 of the best of the best event concepts.
- Be focused on Australian independent beer and Independent Brewers Association members. For all our long-term and loyal hosts, we will provide you with a list so you can connect with our brewery members but please reach out if you need any help.
- Include the biggest and wildest ideas – don’t hold back as being unique and creative will get you across the line!
- Not be something you can experience outside of GBW e.g., beer launch, tap takeover, meet the brewer, education on beer styles.
- Are good value. Mid-priced events around $50 often sell better than those at $100+
- Embrace events in regional Victoria.
- Actively practice and promote the responsible service and use of alcohol. e.g., no beer pong!
- Change the way you register your events…get your ideas in and if selected you pay then!
- IBA Members will receive a 15% discount if their event is selected.
Entries close 31 January with event approval soon after.